The theme of the week is commitment. 3rd chakra is all about will power! The question is how powerful is your projection? Do you see where you're going, and how committed you are to your goals?
Navel center is also a base for the nerve strength. Element is fire. This is the last root in the tree before we continue upward toward the heart center. Roots are earthly. The trunk is the structure that connects the roots to the canopy that represents knowledge, mind and higher understanding. Breath is the connecting formula that moves through 3rd, 4th and 5th chakras affecting to the 1st chakra.
'You cannot change your past, but you can change your future.'
3rd chakra's shadow emotion is anger and accuse. Liver is a very strong organ, it works like a sponge clearing poisons and negativity before they enter into the bloodstream. At some point also liver can break and cause illnesses. We need to pay attention to its wellbeing. Anger and resentment affects to the liver.
When the center of the body is in good condition (stomach and back muscels) our will power is strong. Navel gives the strength to our entire being, and to our ability to commit. If you wish to get rid of something not wanted in your life start working with strengthening the navel and your lower back.
By controlling your breath you control your life.
- Colour the number 3 (chakra #3) with YELLOW.
- Ask yourself and write to your notebook: What works in your life at this moment? What would you like to improve? If you wish to change something in your life, what would be the first step you take?
- Listen, pay attention, be present.
- Take a hot bath, go to sauna, or enjoy hot shower.
- Eat spicy food
Here is one exercise (out of six 3rd chakra exercises) for you to do everyday this week:
3rd Chakra Exercise:
Before the following exercise, I recommend that you do warming up exercises, preferably Kundalini Yoga as taught by Yogi Bhajan.
1. Lie on the back with the arms at your sides.
2. Raise the head and the legs up as shown in the picture.
3. Point the toes.
4. Keep the eyes a bit open and focus on your big toes.
5. Do Breath of Fire (rapid breathing through your nose, exhale is active, inhale is passive, bump the navel while doing this). Continue 1 minute.
Benefits: Good exercise to get rid of anger. Remember to relax after the exercise.
All Rights Reserved - Inderjit Kaur Khalsa