The theme of the week is COMPASSION and LOVE. Physical location for 4th chakra is the heart center. For this area to truly open so that energy can flow free, the root (1st, 2nd, and 3rd chakras) need to find their balance. Heart is a nucleus of a human being, that's where the enlightenment happens. When you become aware of the power of breath, you'll open the connection to your higher self and to the Grail on the top of your head.
Shadow emotion for 4th chakra is FEAR. Fear affects immediately to your breath making it shallow, not connected or rooted anywhere. When you deepen your breath, fear does not have a place to stay. Breath opens and connects. It's the most important thing in life!
During this week study compassion in your life. Pay attention to your breath. Do you breathe all the way down to your first chakra? Or is your breath light and shallow happening only in your lungs and shoulders?
- Colour the trunk of the tree (chakra #4) with GREEN.
- Ask yourself and write to your notebook: What are you afraid of? Is your fear blocking your way to your goals? How do you take care of yourself?
- Pay attention to your body, do you keep your chest open when you walk?
- Wear loose clothing so that your breath can flow freely.
- Go to a massage, or take a relaxing bath.
- Make a list of 40 things you are grateful for.
Here is one exercise (out of three 4th chakra exercises) for you to do everyday this week:
4th Chakra Exercise:
Before the following exercise, I recommend that you do warming up exercises, preferably Kundalini Yoga as taught by Yogi Bhajan.
1. Bring your arms straight in front of your body, palms together.
2. Inhale and open the arms to the sides.
3. Exhale and bring your arms straight forward, palms touching.
4. Continue for 3 minutes.
Benefits: Opens up the heart center.
BE GRATEFUL OF WHAT YOU HAVE!
All Rights Reserved - Inderjit Kaur Khalsa