The theme of the week is acceptance. As you go along with your week keep this in mind. Ask yourself how ready you are to accept the current situation, and the people in your life. Balancing the chakras starts from the root, it's the first chakra and our deepest root. It keeps us connected to the EARTH, it's grounding and deals with our basic needs such as survival.
Physical areas for the first chakra includes feet, legs, knees, hip, lower back and large intestines. If you have issues with these areas it might be good to pay attention to the 1st chakra.
- Colour the middle root of your tree (chakra #1) with RED.
- Ask yourself and write to your notebook: What do I think about the path ahead toward my goals?
- Pay attention of how you walk, and how you feel when you're standing on your feet.
- At least one evening this week take a hot foot-bath, and after massage your feet with natural oil.
- In the morning rinse your feet with cold water.
- Pay attention how deep you breath.
- Exercise daily.
Here is one exercise (out of five 1st chakra exercises) for you to do everyday this week:
1st Chakra Exercise
Before the following exercise, I recommend that you do warming up exercises, preferably Kundalini Yoga exercises as taught by Yogi Bhajan.
1. Stand up, interlace your fingers and point your index fingers straight out.
2. Bend your knees and come down to the squatting position. Stay down here.
3. Tuck out your tongue and start panting like a dog. This might feel odd but it's really effective. With every exhale pull your navel point in powerfully toward your spine.
4. Keep your eyes 1/10 open, gazing down to the floor.
5. Continue 1-3 minutes.
Benefits: This opens up the lower spine and helps to root ourselves. It strengthens the thighs, feet and rectum muscles.
Pictures by Pauliina Salonen are from Chakrapolku (Chakra Pathworking) published by Tammi Publishings, Finland.
All Rights Reserved - Inderjit Kaur Khalsa