The theme of the week is TRUTH. Now we're entering to the upper triangle of the chakra system. The physical areas are throat, neck, mouth, teeth and ears. For 5th chakra to open it's necessary that the fourth chakra is in balance. If you have tension in your neck and shoulders it affects to your fifth chakra. This is the area where you might feel like you're suffocating if you're not able to speak out your truth, or if you feel that you're not being heard.
When you know your truth, and you know where you're heading, and you know why it's important for you to reach out toward your goals, it is an indicator that the energy is flowing freely between 1st and 5th chakras. It's all about how you breathe! 3rd chakra gives will power, 4th chakra adds compassion and patience, 5th chakra gives the truth. We breathe through all these three chakras. Our full and complete breath is connected to the first chakra, our base, for us to be truly accepting.
During the week concentrate to find your own truth.
SPEND THIS WEEK SINGING AND LAUGHING!
- Colour one arm of the tree (chakra #5) with LIGHT BLUE.
- Ask yourself and write to your notebook: What are you afraid of? Is your fear blocking your way to your goals? How do you take care of yourself?
- Pay attention how you speak, what kind of language you use. Is it negative or positive? If you notice that you speak negatively, change your words to positive.
- Sing and laugh as much as you can all week! Use your voice to uplift people around you.
Here is one exercise (out of five 5th chakra exercises) for you to do everyday this week:
5th Chakra Exercise:
Before the following exercise, I recommend that you do warming up exercises, preferably Kundalini Yoga as taught by Yogi Bhajan.
1. Sit in cross-legged position. Breathe deeply for three times.
2. Lift up your shoulders for few times and rotate your head to left and right.
3. Place your hands on your lap, palms up, thumb tips touching.
4. Chant ONG -sound for 3 minutes.
Benefits: ONG means Infinity. This is a relaxing and uplifting mantra. It helps to connect our breath with the first chakra.
All Rights Reserved - Inderjit Kaur Khalsa